Redbud Library Meeting Room Policy
During regular library hours, Redbud Library’s meeting room facility is available to public agencies, public nonprofit organizations, charitable organizations, and community groups whose purposes are civic, cultural, or educational.
Use of this facility shall only be allowed in accordance with the conditions set forth below:
1. All meetings shall be open to the public and the Library reserves the right to post public notice of any such meeting.
2. Any use of the meeting room which is inconsistent with the use of the Library generally or which interferes in any way with the regular business and use of the Library (including excessive noise) is prohibited. The Library reserves the right to review each application for use on a case-by-case basis to determine if said use is inconsistent with the public purpose of the building.
3. Neither the Library nor the County of Lake shall be held responsible for any loss or damage to any property of the group or any individual within that group using the meeting room facilities.
4. The following uses of/activities in the meeting room either by any individual(s) of a group or organization or by that group or organization collectively are strictly prohibited:
a. Any use/activity that involves the possession, consumption, or sale of alcoholic beverages or any restricted or controlled substance, including tobacco.
b. Any use/activity by an individual or group related to or intended for the commission of a crime or any act prohibited by law.
c. Any use/activity involving the use of candles or open flames.
5. Additionally, the following are strictly proscribed:
a. No more than 50 persons may be present at any one time in the meeting room facility.
b. No animals are allowed in the meeting room facility, Library premises, or Library grounds with the exception of guide animals.
c. No commercial use or direct or indirect solicitation of funds, charging of fees, sales of merchandise, or financial promotions shall be allowed on Library premises. This prohibition is not intended to preclude the collection of monies by any educational group using the Library meeting room when such collection is reimbursement of class material costs.
d. No use of supplemental heating or cooling sources or any electric appliances or equipment, with the exception of slide and film projectors and audiovisual equipment, may be used by any group or individual within such group.
e. No private property belonging to a group or any individual(s) within such group may be stored on Library premises.
f. No one under the age of 18 years may reserve the Library meeting room on behalf on any group.
g. No youth group or youth activity is allowed in the Library meeting room unless said youth group is officially sponsored by adults and sufficient adult supervision of the youth group or activity exists. Sufficient adult supervision for purposes of the use of the Library meeting room shall be a minimum ratio of one adult for every ten minors.
h. No furniture or furnishings present in the meeting room may be removed for any reason by any group or individual within such group seeking to use the room.
i. No advertisements, circulation of petitions or solicitation on behalf of any individual(s) or group may occur in the meeting room facilities or on Library premises and grounds.
Any group or individuals within such group found in violation or found to have violated any of the prohibitions outlined in paragraphs 4 and 5 herein shall be asked to leave Library premises and shall be prohibited from any future use of the meeting room facility.
6. Availability of meeting room facilities:
a. No one group may reserve the facilities more than twelve times in a one-year period, such period to begin with the first date of such used and to continue for twelve months thereafter.
b. The meeting room facilities may be reserved no more than twelve months in advance of the meeting date.
7. NOTICE OF INDIVIDUAL/GROUP LIABILITY
The individual responsible for reserving the Library meeting room facilities on behalf of that group shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the Library or its facilities which arises during the use and occupancy by that group of the meeting room facilities or is caused in any way by such use and occupancy.
8. The use of the kitchen facilities is available to a group reserving the use of the meeting room facilities to prepare beverages and light refreshments. The use of the Library coffeemaker and microwave oven is available. The group may provide and use an additional coffeemaker. All foodstuffs of the group or individuals of that group must be removed from Library premises at the close of the meeting. All empty cartons and discarded foodstuffs must be properly disposed of by the group prior to leaving Library premises. All garbage must be removed from the premises.
9. The group using the meeting room facilities is responsible for ensuring that the meeting room and kitchen, if used by the group, is returned to the order and condition in which the group found them. The kitchen door must be shut before leaving (for safety and due to an alarm error that occurs when the door is not closed).
10. The individual in the group reserving the meeting room facilities shall be responsible for ensuring that the group leaves the meeting room and the Library premises in an orderly and secure condition.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY: 50
TIMES OF USE:
The meeting room is available during regular library hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p. m. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday; 12 noon – 7 p.m. on Wednesday; closed Sunday and Monday.
$20.00 per hour. (set by County Master Fee Ordinance)
THE INDIVIDUAL RESERVING THE MEETING ROOM ON BEHALF OF THE GROUP AGREES TO HOLD THE LAKE COUNTY LIBRARY AND THE COUNTY OF LAKE HARMLESS FROM ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, LIABILITY, COSTS AND/OR EXPENSES THAT MAY ARISE DURING OR BE CAUSED IN ANY WAY BY SUCH USE OF THE LIBRARY FACILITIES.
THE INDIVIDUAL RESERVING THE ROOM FOR THE GROUP AGREES TO BE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE LIBRARY MEETING ROOM. THE INDIVIDUAL RESERVING THE ROOM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTROL AND SUPERVISION OF ALL PEOPLE IN ATTENDANCE DURING THEIR USAGE OF THE FACILITY AND SHALL TAKE CARE TO SEE THAT NO DAMAGE IS DONE TO THE FACILITY AND THAT EVERYONE CONDUCTS THEMSELVES IN AN ORDERLY FASHION.
Please apply to the branch by phone or in person to rent the meeting room.