- Community Development
- Zoning Administrator
The Planning Director or their appointee is designated as the Zoning Administrator. The Zoning Administrator shall be the Review Authority for all minor use permits and shall be responsible for such other duties as specified below in the Lake County Zoning Ordinance.
Role as Defined by Code
Article 50.3 - Action by Zoning Administrator
Upon receipt of a minor use permit application that is determined by the Planning Department to be complete, the Planning Department shall set the matter for a public hearing before the Zoning Administrator in the following manner:
- Not less than ten calendar days prior to the proposed issuance, written notice of the proposed issuance of a minor use permit shall be given by mail or delivery by the Planning Director to all owners shown on the last equalized assessment roll as owning real property as follows:
- If the real property which is the subject of the hearing is five acres or less in size, notice shall be given to owners of all real property within three hundred (300) feet of the real property which is the subject of the hearing.
- If the real property which is the subject of the hearing is more than five acres in size, notice shall be given to owners of all real property within seven hundred (700) feet of the real property which is the subject of the hearing.
- Said notice shall also be published one time in at least one newspaper of general circulation within the county at least ten days prior to the proposed date of approval.
- The written notice shall declare that the requested minor use permit may be issued without a public hearing if no written request for hearing is filed with the Planning Department within ten calendar days of the date of mailing.
- If no appeal or request for hearing is filed with the Planning Department, the minor use permit may be issued by the Zoning Administrator without a public hearing.
- If an appeal or request for a hearing by the applicant or other affected person is filed at the Planning Department pursuant to this Subsection, the Planning Director shall schedule a public hearing and provide notice of the hearing as provided for in Article 57.
- Appeals pursuant to this Section shall be accompanied by a fee as established by the Board of Supervisors.
Article 50.4 - Findings Required for Approval
- The Review Authority may only approve or conditionally approve a minor use permit if all of the findings are made.
View meeting resources relating to the Zoning Administrator. Please note that Zoning Administrator meetings are only held by request.