- Clubs & Meetings
Clubs & Meetings
Share, learn and create by joining a library club or attending a library meeting. The library has clubs on a variety of topics to spark creativity and create communities of people who are engaged in lifelong learning together.
All clubs are free and all are welcome to attend.
Want to join a meeting or club? Fill out the survey to register or call your local branch.
Please look for specific dates and times on the library calendar. The times listed are the usual time the clubs meet, but that can change due to holidays or staff availability.
- Great Reads Book Club
- Third Wednesday Afternoon • Lakeport Library
- At this meeting, we share the books we’ve read independently and make recommendations of our own.
- Aging, Dying, and Afterlife Discussion Group
- Third Saturday Morning • Upper Lake Library Volunteer
- How do we age cheerfully and with confidence and then die peacefully? And what can we expect on the other side?
- Creative Club
- Third Saturday Morning • Lakeport Library
- Share your own craft projects, learn about the library resource Creativebug, and try your hand at a new craft each month.
- Fabric Club
- First Saturday Morning • Lakeport Library
- Share, learn & create with sewing, quilting, embroidery, fabric-folding & other fabric crafts.
- Cookbook Club
- Second Thursday Afternoon • Lakeport Library
- Prepare, share & critique recipes.
- Garden Book Club
- First Tuesday Morning • Lakeport Library
- Share gardening stories, and tips and review gardening books.
- Every Saturday Afternoon • Redbud Library
- Calling all knitters and crocheters, all cross-stitchers and needlepoint, and every stitch in between.
- Open Maker Lab
- Fourth Saturday Morning • Lakeport Library
- Drop in and discuss the current project you are working on. You can share your own tips and tricks and get help from others.
- Chess Club
- Weekly on Thursday Afternoon • Middletown Library
- A day of friendly competition that's open to all ages and skill levels.
- Dungeons and Dragons Club
- Weekly on Friday Afternoon • Middletown Library
- Join us for the 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons campaign and character building. The suggested age is 13 and up.
- Zoom with the Library Director
- Fourth Wednesday Afternoon • Lake County Library
- Come learn about library services, ask your questions, and share suggestions about the library with the Library Director, Christopher Veach. Christopher will also highlight a different library service each month with a short presentation.
- Low Vision Support Group
- Fourth Thursday Afternoon • Earle Baum Center of the Blind
- Free services & training from Earle Baum Center of the Blind via a conference call. Topics may include Magnification Devices, Low Vision Aids, Technology, and Daily Living Techniques.