The Special Districts Administration is the water and wastewater agency of the County of Lake. Special Districts oversee the operation of five water systems and four wastewater systems serving over 40,000 people in twenty-one communities within the county.
Our goal is to:
- Provide high-quality customer service.
- Protection of the environment.
- Support for local economic development with community infrastructure.
- Providing safe, dependable drinking water to all of our customers in each of our water districts.
- Maintain the safe collection, transfer, and treatment of wastewater throughout our sewer districts.
- Promoting awareness, protection, and conservation of our natural resources and environment.
Special Districts achieve this mission with an integrated approach to resource management that recognizes the critical importance of the local water cycle. In addition to our primary water and wastewater system management, Special Districts also administer fifteen street lighting districts and other community services within the county.